Monday, December 15, 2014

Who am I? 12/15/14

Six project sketches 

This is the art work that inspired me and it is a painting/dot art 

Half-way photo

Finished project

On my moms side my great grandmother was almost 100% or 100% Cherokee Indian and my moms side of the family has been in the US for centuries but, my dads side has only been here for decades. Most of my dads family that is alive right now we're born in Haiti and that's were my dad was born. My great grandfather was Polish and the other great grand father was Syrian. When we traced our family lineage on my moms side it went all the way back to a king of Russia but that was when Russia was small and spilt up. This project showed art that I have never seen befor from my ancestors cultures and most of them were pretty cool.

I chose this project because of the man in the horse. In that original art peice everything looked like dots and I thought it looked cool and it symbolizes my culture and my lineage. I added a flag, moon, sword, shield, axe, and a totem pole to represent all of my past cultures. If I did have to change somthing in my last peice it would be the sheild because it's to low and I would want to move it higher.
Overall I learned from this peice that some of my cultures were artistic and good at making art

 I didn't really use texture as much because if you touch the paper you wouldn't really fell anything. I used tone on the totem pole and I also used a sort-of hatching on the totem pole. For color pallets I mostly used primary because a lot of the objects ha drastic colors that express them fairly well, and secondary because of the green on the totem pole and I used it to add color to the totem pole. This art peice doesn't have harmony but it does have variety because of the objects and it is asymmetrical. It is two-demensinal and it seems as if there is more negative space in the art work because all of the objects are spread apart. Line was used to show cross-countour and contour.

















No comments:

Post a Comment