Sunday, October 19, 2014

Artists statement color project 10/19/14


Owl picture by Valtteri Laine

6 project sketches 

Half-way picture

Final picture

The person art work that I choose name is Valtteri Laine I think I found him online and it says he's from Finland and he is the head of art at Nitro Games. I found his art work when we got all of the options for the type of art and I put surrelism art and a lot of cool art work came up and I chose this one. On the website where he posted his art he said it was a personal painting featuring a couple of my weird surrealistic visions. I also chose this picture because it's kind of dark and mysterious like he's lost in a world were he doesn't belong. It's also eye catching because the owls face is shattered so he's blind to everything. 

I made this project because one I really liked the art and two I wanted to change it and put a little twist on it. I kind of relate to this art sometimes because it feels like everything is empty. If I could remake this again I would try to spend more time on sketching it. I learned that I still can't draw or paint good and that if I want to do somthing better I need to practice. I also made this peice because it stood out from the rest of the other art. 

I put the owls wings up, added a helmet, and changed the colors. The color palettes I used were primary, secondary, and tertiary. For the style and technic I didn't make the painting shadowy I made it with sharper sides and brighter colors and to me when the colors are brighter it kind of brings a sense of joy or happiness. For the Materiels I sketched  the owl, tree limb, sun, and leaf with a pencil then I painted it with water colors. For the mediums I used paper and I chose paper because if I messed up I could get another one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment